1. Firstly, I suppose I’m somewhat secretive.
2. I’m impossibly fond of modernist architecture especially when it is gracefully minimal; I can be a little fussy regarding brutalism as I find some it, well, busy. I mean I do like it and even if I don’t find some of it aesthetically pleasing, it can still be very exciting especially when compared to the contemporary blandness that is flying up around towns and cities now.
3. I was once so obsessed with Hallam Tower Hotel that it began to haunt my dreams almost nightly.
4. My guilty pleasure is football and I’m a keen follower of Bristol Rovers. (I’m also an armchair fan of Livorno.)
5. My favourite song is “You Rented a Space” by Cristina. I’m not sure why I like it so much, it just affects me in way I can’t quite explain.
6. Off the top of my head two other songs that affect me in similar way, Brian Eno’s “Inland Sea” and Björk’s “Cocoon”.
7. I’m an apatheist.
8. I used to always carry a copy of Derek Jarman’s Modern Nature around with me until I gave it to a friend. (My hardback edition is too chunky.)
9. I used to write music.
10. Lastly, I do love a bleak landscape.